Here’s how the rest of my day on set turned out:
* Was finally able to get rid of Natasha (whose rotting, disfigured corpse may or may not be languishing in a ditch along the 440 on Staten Island as we speak) because I spent the rest of my day in quiet solitude in my car.
* For this shoot I was hired as a picture car driver, meaning my car was what they needed to see in the background, so all I had to do all day was drive around a small section of highway over and over again for a grand total of 73 miles! (Yes, they do pay us for mileage, which is excellent.)
* When I wasn’t driving, I spent the day lounging at a Park & Ride reading a book. Well, three books actually. I read books 2, 3 and 4 of the ‘Wool’ series by Hugh Howey – they’re really short and super addictive, not to mention well-written. I highly recommend.
* Even though I no longer had Natasha’s stimulating conversation to keep me occupied, I did receive the following email from an OKC guy this afternoon. I’m guessing his name is probably Boris…
Hi i like your profileun will like to Find out if u are entresting person like your profile say do u have times for meet up??
For realsies y’all. I swear to God I’m not making that up.
* Ooh! I just thought of another film set term that you all should know. When you’re shooting on location (i.e. outside of the studio) particularly for exterior shots, it can be tricky to find conveniently located bathrooms. So they provide one. It’s not a port-o-potty or anything. It’s more like a public restroom in that it has running water, flushing capabilities, heating and a/c…it also happens to be located on the back of a truck. And get this, it’s called The Honey Wagon. I have no idea why, but it makes me smile every time.
* At the end of the day, I wound up working from 5am-9pm (more or less) and on my way home I saw a beautiful sunset from the upper deck of the GWB, bringing everything full circle.
* And I get to do it all again tomorrow from the set of White Collar this time. Hopefully, I won’t have anything pressing to blog about so I can finish this other post about my super fun evening on the 4th of July and of course I have many more horrific dating stories to share.
Until then…night all!